TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment Class-based
Compliance Innovation Group Australasia P/L RTO: 21770 t/as Southern Cross Training
Want to build your career?
It’s one of the oldest jokes in the business world: Two managers are talking about training their employees. The first one asks, “Yeah, but what if we train them, and they leave?” The second responds “What if we don’t train them, and they stay?”
Carefully targeted training is critical to the successful running - & even survival - of businesses and all organisations today.
Being a qualified trainer / assessor can greatly enhance your career prospects - both as a specialist trainer or doing training as part of a mainstream job!
The TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the required qualification for Trainers and Assessors in Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), in TAFE’s, Community Colleges, Evening Colleges, many non–RTO training companies, Corporate and Government jobs.
Qualified Trainers/Assessors can work as:
- Workplace trainer
- Enterprise Trainer & Assessor
- Trainer in an RTO
- TAFE teacher
- Training consultant
- Training & development
- Setting up your own RTO
- Vocational education teacher
- Training role in a mainstream job
Training is becoming an important role in a more & more mainstream jobs today.
TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Class-Based Delivery Options
- 5-day workshop + homework
- 7-day workshop – additional 2 days for presentations
- The NEW Coaching day applies to 5 & 7 day workshops (and On-line students!)
You have up to 9 weeks to complete assessments if needed.
The 5, 7 & 8 day intensive workshops are run monthly in Sydney & Melbourne
We also run these workshops for Corporate, Government and other groups anywhere in Australia.
TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Course Structure
Southern Cross is renowned for our clustered approach for all our TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment courses. This has allowed us to divide our TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment program into the following sessions:
- Design – 3 days
- Assessment – 2 days. Total of 5 days for Design & Assessment
- Delivery – 2 days. Total of 7 days for Design, Assessment & Delivery
This ‘holistic’ structure of our TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course results in you being able to study at a good pace, not cluttered up by the un-necessary duplication common in courses which treat each of the 10 units separately!
TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Units of Competency
| ||Design & Delivery Units|
||Address adult language literacy & numeracy skills NEW UNIT! - To be core soon. Read More.
||Plan, organize and deliver group-based learning (core)
||Make a presentation (elective)
||Plan, organize & facilitate learning in the Workplace (core)
||Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs (core)
||Design and develop learning programs (core)
| ||Assessment Units|
||Plan assessment activities and processes (core)
||Contribute to assessment (elective)
|TAE ASS 402B
||Assess competence (core)
|TAE ASS 403B
||Participate in assessment validation (core)
Benefits of Southern Cross Intensive course!
- High 95% completion rate
- Only 5,7 or 8 days in-class (depending on which option you choose)
- You have up to 9 weeks to complete assessments
- Clustered approach minimises repetition of concepts and results in less work for you!
- No boring lectures – you work on assessments in class
- Easy switch between training & RPL. If you’re currently training you may be exempt from the compulsory lesson deliveries!
- Opportunity to deliver your student lessons in our supportive classroom environment (7 day option)
- Contextualisation of projects to your work situation makes the course relevant for you
- Southern Cross has vast experience from delivering Cert IV Trainer / Assessor courses since 2006 to students from every industry
You get login to course materials when you enrol – allows Pre-reading
NEW! Option of Coaching day for help with finalising submissions!
What you need in class:
- Your laptop with Adobe Reader and MS Word, so you can read PDF files and write your assessments in soft copy templates in-class
- Pen, paper and high-lighter for taking notes
- Training manual (hard & soft copy) Assessment templates in Word — provided by SCT
- Your sense of fun & motivation!
The TAE40110 Certificate IV Training and Assessment Course is suitable for people who are new to training as well as those with extensive experience. Students must be over 18 years of age. This qualification requires good language, literacy and computing skills (including Microsoft Word), access to a computer and internet at home. You need to bring your laptop to class, with access to the wi-fi internet provided there.
Our INTENSIVE classes run for 5,7 or 8 days, depending on which option you choose
Weekday classes usually run Mon to Fri (5 day option), Mon to following Tues (7 day option) – both with option of additional Coaching day.
You’ll work on your assessments in class on your laptops. You can have up to 9 weeks from commencing date to complete assessments if necessary. Additional time can be purchased if needed.
||Jan 14 - 22
||Jan 14 - 22
||Feb 15 - 23, 24*
||Feb 8 - 16, 17*
||Mar 14 - 22, 23*
||Mar 15 - 23, 24*
||Apr 4 - 12, 13*
||Apr 11 - 19, 20*
*Optional Coaching Day
5 Days in class $1,290
7 days in class, including additional lesson deliveries $1,590
8 days in class, including Coaching day $1,790
Payment plans available
These prices include:
- Training manual – with soft version available when your enrolment process is completed (payment confirmed and Application form filled in): get started early!
- All training materials
- Assignment templates in MS Word
- Coach support while completing any work not finalised during classes
- Part RPL where applicable – For example, no need for doing lesson deliveries if you’re currently doing significant training!
CALL 1300 856 057
|Southern Cross Training
|Please call or email for more information
| Sydney : National Office
Level 1, 692 Pacific Highway
Chatswood, NSW 2067
PO Box 27 Chatswood NSW 2067
1300 856 057
Sydney : National Office
Quest 111 Punt Road
1300 856 057